Permits / Programs / References
- Public Improvement Construction Permit
- Street Tree Removal Permit
- Plant a Tree Permit
- Right of Way Permits
Public Works Department
- Drinking Water Section (503) 982-5380: Backflow Device Testing, Cross-Connection, Meter Reading, Water Flushing/Testing, Water Main Problems on ROW, Treatment Plants.
- Maintenance Division (503) 982-5236: Report a Fallen Tree in the ROW or street, Dead Animal; Leaf Program; Christmas Tree Recycling Program; Park and Grounds Maintenance; Fleet/Facility issues.
- Engineering Division (503)982-5241: ROW Tree Removal, City Projects, ROW permits, Maps, and Bid/RFP Documents.
- Administration Division (503) 982-5240: Career/Job Shadowing; Community Outreach, Event Partnerships and P/W Press Releases.
- Wastewater (503) 982-5284: RV Dump, Commercial & Industrial waste
Other City Departments
- Finance Department (503)982-5222: Payments/Billing, Start-up/Turn-off Services, Leak issues, Leak Adjustments, Water/Sewer Usage, Business License
- Code Enforcement (503) 982-2345: Lost/loose pet, abandoned vehicles, complaints about garbage, graffiti, tall grass, too many vehicles on a property.
- Planning/Building (503)982-5246: Permits for: Private Property Tree(s) , Land Use, Building, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical; Development Ordinance; Vision Clearance Areas; Signs/Signage, Planning Commission meetings.
- Transit Division (503) 982-5233: City Buses, Dial-A-Ride, Salem CARTS, Canby CATS, and SilverTrolly.
- PGE (503) 464-7777: Start-up Services; Street Light Out 800-544-1795, 3; Limbs on a Power Line 800-544-1794
- NW Natural (503) 585-6611: Natural Gas Services
- Allied Waste (503)981-1278: Trash/Recycle Services