Maintaining a healthy urban forest requires residents and City staff alike to actively care for our trees. For downed limbs or trees please contact:
- For downed trees or limbs in public right-of-ways please contact the Public Works Department at 503-982-5240
- For downed trees or limbs in public parks please contact the Parks & Facilities Maintenance Department at 503-982-5267.
- For downed trees or limbs on private property please contact an arborist, landscaper, or tree removal company.
Here are some tree maintenance resources:
- Oregon Department of Forestry-Tree Care
- Pacific Northwest Chapter of International Society of Arboriculture
- Oregon Landscape Contractors Association
- Nine Tree Care Tips & Techniques-Arbor Day Foundation
- An Oregon Homeowner's Guide to Tree Care
- OSU Forestry & Natural Resources Extension Program
Still not sure how to properly maintain your trees? Contact a professional!
Do you love trees and want to learn more about how they benefit our communities? Planning an Oregon Heritage Tree viewing route? Or looking for what to plant in your yard? Here are some amazing tree resources:
- Arbor Day Foundation
- Trees are Good
- Oregon Community Trees
- Oregon Heritage Trees
- Oregon Department of Forestry-Urban Forests
- Oregon Association of Nurseries
- Native Plants & Trees of Oregon