The Building Division reviews plans for compliance with structural and mechanical codes, issues construction permits, and inspects work being performed. We are located in Room 5 at City Hall open Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
The Marion County Building Inspection Department issues plumbing and electrical permits, and performs the plumbing and electrical inspections.
Building Division staff are available to answer questions by phone at (503) 982-5250, or in person at City Hall.
There will be a Construction Excise Tax fee increase, beginning July 1, 2016. For more information, click here.
Building and Mechanical Permits and Checklists - We accept applications from 8-4pm, Monday through Friday
- Building Permit Application
- Spanish Building Permit Application
- Commercial and Industrial Development Information Sheet
- Commercial Application Checklist
- One and Two Family Dwelling Checklist
- Manufactured Home Permit Application
- Manufactured Dwelling Application Checklist
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Required Contractor / Subcontractor List for Certificate of Occupancy
- Public Service Utility Application
Other Important Links:
- Protect your Home - Protect Your Family. Think Permit
- State of Oregon Non-Residential Energy Code Publications and Software
- Call Before You Dig
- Oregon Building Codes Online
- Oregon Building Codes Division
- DEQ Asbestos Program Web Site
- Oregon Construction Contractors Board
- EnergyTrust of Oregon, Inc.
- Oregon Department of Energy
- EPA's Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home
- Oregon Building Codes Division Permits Protect (Getting the necessary permits and using licensed contractors and craftsmen).